There are four categories of Centered Riding Membership: Rider
, and Instructor
. Choose your member category below to join.
Centered Riding Rider Members, whether they are currently riding with a Centered Riding® Instructor, have participated in a Centered Riding clinic, or are learning through the use of the Centered Riding books and/or videos are encouraged to join Centered Riding and take advantage of the educational and “community” opportunities. Membership period is April 1st – March 31st.
Join as an Adult Rider
Adult Rider Member $35, $40 outside of North America
Join as a Junior Rider
Junior Rider Member (under 18) $25, $30 outside of North America
Join as a Family
Family Rider Membership $50 for up to 4 family members, $55 outside of North America
Your membership includes:
- Subscription to the Centered Riding Newsletter, a quarterly publication with informative Centered Riding related articles through password access on the CR website (a printed version is available for an additional $10 USA, $12 Canada/Mexico, $20 Europe/Asia)
- Reduced Registration fees to the International Centered Riding Symposium.
- Participation in the Rider Recognition Program:
- A Rider’s Journal will be sent to you to log hours of Centered Riding lessons and groundwork/bodywork or participation in Centered Riding Clinics. For each 30 hours of Centered Riding lessons (with a currently certified Centered Riding Instructor) and 10 hours of bodywork/ground work completed you will receive a certificate and a colored embroidered badge, and will be sent a new Rider’s Journal that corresponds with the color of the next badge.
- Invitation to the Annual General Meeting.
- Eligibility for grant for assistance in attending the International Symposium through the Sally Swift Scholarship Fund.
If your business is within the equine industry, you’ll have an international audience with Centered Riding.® Take advantage of a Business Membership to get an advertising discount in the Quarterly Newsletter, the eBulletin and links on our website. Centered Riding, Inc is a 501(C)3 not-for-profit corporation with over 700 members. Membership period is November 1st – Oct. 31st
Join as a Business Member
Business Membership dues - $90
Your Membership Includes:
- Subscription to the Centered Riding Newsletter, a quarterly publication with informative Centered Riding related articles available through password access on the CR website (a printed version is available for an additional $10 USA, $12 Canada/Mexico, $20 Europe/Asia.)
- Annual Centered Riding Directory containing a worldwide list of Centered Riding Instructors, Supporting, Riding and Business members listed by State and Country. Business members are listed on a separate page with business name, address, phone, website and email.
- Discount on International Centered Riding Symposium Registration Fees.
- 15% discount on advertising in all Centered Riding publications and website.
- May attend the Annual General Meeting.
You do not have to own a horse or participate in any equestrian activities to support Centered Riding®. Those who believe in the educational value of the Centered Riding principles and who may want to participate in, or just support the work, of Sally Swift and the Centered Riding “community” make take advantage of this membership. Centered Riding is a 501(C)3 not-for-profit corporation. Membership period is November 1st – Oct. 31st.
Join as a Supporting Member
Supporting Membership dues - $35, $40 outside of North America
Centered Riding, Inc welcomes instructors of all disciplines, levels and interests, around the world.
To become a Certified Centered Riding® Instructor, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be a safe, experienced instructor (in any discipline.)
- Have taught riding for at least one year.
- Have participated in at least one Open Centered Riding Clinic (see Clinic Search below.)
- Meet basic riding requirements (any discipline.)
- Successfully complete the Centered Riding Instructor Certification course. CR Instructor Certification Courses are 7 days (in 2 parts), and are held in various locations, and are listed on the CR Clinic Schedule.
Certified Centered Riding Instructors must maintain their certification by attending CR Instructor Update Clinics and paying annual CR Instructor dues.
Certified Centered Riding Instructors:
- May advertise (with certain restrictions based on their level) that they teach Centered Riding® and may use the Centered Riding® logo.
- Are listed in the International Centered Riding Instructor List on the CR website and in the annual Centered Riding Directory.
- Receive password access to the Centered Riding Newsletter.
- May subscribe to the CR e-Bulletin.
- May vote for and serve on the CR Board of Trustees.
- May attend the Annual General Meeting.
- Receive a discount on registration for the Centered Riding International Symposium.
- Are eligible for Sally Swift Scholarship Individual grants.
- If you are not able to find a Centered Riding Instructor Course or an Open Centered Riding Clinic that you can attend, you may fill out a Clinic Interest Form. You will be placed on a list which is made available to clinic organizers, who may contact you.
Contact Centered Riding
After you have successfully completed the Instructor Certification course, and you meet all of the requirements above; contact Centered Riding to apply as an Instructor Member.