Centered Riding® Instructor Member
Centered Riding, Inc welcomes instructors of all disciplines, levels and interests, around the world.
To become a Certified Centered Riding® Instructor, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be a safe, experienced instructor (in any discipline.)
- Have taught riding for at least one year.
- Have participated in at least one Open Centered Riding Clinic (see Clinic Search below.)
- Meet basic riding requirements (any discipline.)
- Successfully complete the Centered Riding Instructor Certification course. CR Instructor Certification Courses are 7 days (in 2 parts), and are held in various locations, and are listed on the CR Clinic Schedule. (See Certification Course Search below.)
Certified Centered Riding Instructors must maintain their certification by attending CR Instructor Update Clinics and paying annual CR Instructor dues.
Certified Centered Riding Instructors:
- May advertise (with certain restrictions based on their level) that they teach Centered Riding® and may use the Centered Riding® logo.
- Are listed in the International Centered Riding Instructor List on the CR website and in the annual Centered Riding Directory.
- Receive password access to the Centered Riding Newsletter.
- May subscribe to the CR e-Bulletin.
- May vote for and serve on the CR Board of Trustees.
- May attend the Annual General Meeting.
- Receive a discount on registration for the Centered Riding International Symposium.
- Are eligible for Sally Swift Scholarship Individual grants.
If you are not able to find a Centered Riding Instructor Course or an Open Centered Riding Clinic that you can attend, you may fill out a Clinic Interest Form. You will be placed on a list which is made available to clinic organizers, who may contact you.
Click here to find a Centered Riding Clinic