Centered Riding® Instructor Certification
Centered Riding, Inc welcomes instructors of all disciplines, levels and interests, around the world.
To become a Certified Centered Riding®
Instructor, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be a safe, experienced instructor (in any discipline.)
- Have taught riding for at least one year.
- Have participated in at least one Open Centered Riding Clinic (see Clinic Search below.)
- Meet basic riding requirements (any
- Successfully complete the Centered Riding Instructor
Certification course. CR Instructor Certification Courses are 7 days (in 2
parts), and are held in various locations, and are listed on the CR Clinic
Schedule. (See Certification Course Search below.)
Certified Centered Riding Instructors
must maintain their certification by attending CR Instructor Update Clinics and
paying annual CR Instructor dues.
Certified Centered Riding Instructors:
- May advertise (with certain
restrictions based on their level) that they teach Centered Riding® and
may use the Centered Riding® logo.
- Are listed in the International
Centered Riding Instructor List on the CR website and in the annual
Centered Riding Directory.
- Receive password access to the
Centered Riding Newsletter,
- May subscribe to the CR e-Bulletin.
- May vote for and serve on the CR Board
- May attend the Annual General
- Receive a discount on registration
for the Centered Riding International Symposium.
Are eligible for
Sally Swift Scholarship Individual grants.
a CR Instructor Certification Course or Open Centered Riding Clinic
If you are
not able to find a Centered Riding Instructor Course or an Open Centered Riding
Clinic that you can attend, you may fill out a Clinic Interest Form. You will
be placed on a list which is made available to clinic organizers, who may