Centered Riding founder, Sally Swift, developed the principals of
Centered Riding (Breathing, Soft Eyes, Centering, Building Blocks, and Grounding), using functional anatomy, imagery, horse and rider biomechanics, and elements from the martial arts as tools to improve the balance and effectiveness of
the rider. Some would say she was ahead of her time.
Sally Swift's books, Centered Riding and Centered Riding II: Further Explorations, have been international bestsellers in many languages; they are available on this website.
Today, Centered Riding lessons, clinics, and Instructor Certification Courses are taught worldwide by Certified Centered Riding Instructors and Clinicians, who
can help you along the journey that Sally Swift started over 30 years
ago. All disciplines, seats and styles of horsemanship, levels of experience, and riding interests are welcome.
ultimate goal of Centered Riding is not to be a discipline unto itself. It must go forward in its purest and least complicated form so that it may
be integrated into all disciplines of riding." Sally Swift
Centered Riding Lessons and Clinics are taught by Certified Centered Riding Instructors and Clinicians with the following goals:
- Application of classical principles of riding and training through the use of body awareness, centering and imagery.
- Encompassing all horsemanship disciplines, interests, seats and styles of riding and levels.
- Communicating more clearly between horse, rider and instructor.
- Improving confidence, comfort, good use of the body and quality of movement in both horse and rider.
- Helping riders achieve their personal best, in harmony with their horses.
Only currently certified Centered Riding Instructors may advertise that they teach Centered Riding. All instructors and clinicians currently certified to teach Centered Riding and give Centered Riding clinics are listed on this website. If you have a question as to whether an instructor or clinic is authorized by Centered Riding, please contact our office at email@example.com.
Click here to read more about the organization Centered Riding, Inc