Mind Body & Horse
"The ultimate goal of Centered Riding is not to be a discipline unto itself. It must go forward in its purest and least complicated form so it may be integrated into all disciplines of riding." Sally Swift
Centered Riding was developed by Sally Swift, author of the best-selling books and videos , and is now available internationally via lessons from Centered Riding Level I & II Instructors and in Centered Riding Clinics conducted by Level III & IV Clinicians.
- achieving classical principles using body awareness, centering and imagery
- encompassing all seats and styles of riding
- communicating more clearly between horse, rider, and instructor
All instructors certified to teach Centered Riding are listed on this website. If you have a question as to whether a Centered Riding Instructor or Clinic is authorized by Centered Riding, please contact our office email@example.com.
Centered Riding, Inc., a not-for-profit educational organization incorporated under the laws of the State of Vermont, for the purpose of:
- promoting awareness of Centered Riding
- teaching the principles of Centered Riding
- integrating the principles of Centered Riding into all equine-related disciplines
- developing new ideas and further applications of Centered Riding
- providing educational services ~
- providing a full range of lessons and clinics for equestrians.
- providing a standardized progression of education for qualifying Centered Riding Instructors.
- maintaining and promoting Centered Riding
- an American 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation.
With worldwide membership, this educational organization was established to qualify instructors, teach, maintain, and promote Centered Riding in all disciplines of riding.